The next EBT certification course will be Tuesday, August 5 - Sunday, August 10, 2014 at the Blowing Rock Conference Center, Blowing Rock, NC. This will be a split course offering the second 5-day training event for those that have already completed the first 40 hrs of EBT training with Dr. Yang, as well as all contact hours for new Level I Qigong certification. Registration, cost, and logistic information is provided below.
2007 EBT Group Photo
Teacher Certification Training for Yang Yang's Evidence-Based Taiji (EBTTM) & Qigong Program
Tuesday, August 5 - Sunday, August 10, 2014
Tuesday, August 5: check-in begins at 3:00, instruction from 6:00-9:00P
Wed-Sat: 8:00 hours instruction/practice
Sunday, August 15: 6:30-8:00A and 9:00A-12:00P instruction/practice - check out by 3:00P.
Logistics / Cost / Admission / Deadlines
Training will be held at Blowing Rock Conference Center, 1818 Goforth Road, Blowing Rock, NC,28605.
Directions to the site from Blowing Rock are available here.
There are three basic options for getting to the Blowing Rock conference center from the Charlotte, NC airport: 1) renting a car, 2) ride sharing, and 3) catching the Hickory Hop Shuttle service. All options are detailed on this page.
Meals and snacks will be provided in the conference center cafeteria. Vegetarian options will be available. Dinner will be provided Sunday, August 10, and breakfast and lunch will be provided Friday, August 15.
There are two options for housing on-site:
- Cottages. This is the basic housing and is included in the tuition. Each has a small kitchen, dining area and living room with fireplace and back porch. There is a master bedroom with queen-sized bed--ideal for couples--and a second bedroom with two singles and one bunk bed. There is a maximum capacity of 24 people in the cottages, and cottage spots are on a first come, first served basis. Click on the link for photos of the cottages.
- Corriher Lodge. These are hotel-type rooms available as single or double rooms. Click on the link for photos of the lodge rooms. Note: only 15 lodge rooms are available for the August 2014 camp. The rooms are on the second floor and there is no elevator. You must register early to secure a lodge room. If you absolutely need a lodge room on the first floor, let us know and we will make arrangements with the Center.
Alternatively, you may arrange you own accommodations and commute to the camp. In this case, you must still pay the commuter rate for meals.
Tuition: $1100, payable to the Center for Taiji Studies.
Discounts: If downpayment is received before May 1, 2014, a $50 discount will be applied to tuition. Additional discounts are available for any person attending multiple CTS training events.
Lodging and Meal Cost:
The following costs are for the entire 5 day training period and are in addition to tuition:
You will need to select one of the housing options, and roommate preference, when applying. See the note under lodging above regarding limited availability of lodge rooms.
- Cabins - $290
- Lodge - Single Occupancy - $515
- Lodge - Double Occupancy - $375 per person
- Commuter Rate (meals only) - $155
- Interested persons must first submit an application. Space is limited to ensure adequate training with Dr. Yang, so you are encouraged to apply early.
- If your application is accepted, you must complete registration and submit either a downpayment or full payment via check or money order within 2 weeks of notification of acceptance. The link above will open a waiver/license form agreement, which must be submitted before registration. After accepting the waiver/license agreement, you may then register with either the on-line or mail-in registration forms.
Registration and a $450 deposit are due two weeks after notification of acceptance. The application will be considered invalid if registration and a deposit are not received within two weeks of acceptance notification. Final payment is due by July 20, 2014. All payments must be by check or money order only and mailed to Center for Taiji Studies, 1408 Mayfair, Champaign, IL 61821.
Registration and downpayment must be received by June 1, 2014 to receive a $50 tuition reduction. You may forward the $450 deposit with your registration anytime after June 1, 2014 to reserve your space at camp, but after that date you will not be eligible for the $50 tuition reduction.
You may register on-line or through the mail using the links below to registration forms. Please do not attempt to submit a registration unless you have received notification of acceptance.
On-line Registration: Click on the On-line Registration Form to open the waiver/license agreement. After agreeing to the waiver/license, the on-line regisration form will open with instructions. Complete and submit the form, AND follow subsequent links to submit payment via mail order.
Regular mail: Please download and complete the Mail Order Registration Form (an Adobe pdf document), and send it with your check or money order payable to Center for Taiji Studies to:
Center for Taiji Studies
Champaign, IL 61821
You will receive confirmation of your registration status when your deposit is received.
If for any reason you must cancel your reservation, your deposit will be refunded, less a $35 application fee, until June 1, 2014. If you cancel after June 1, 2014, a 50% refund will be available until August 1, 2014. After August 1, 2014, no refund will be given but you may use the deposit as a credit for future training events.
Non-Taiji Area Attractions:
Blowing Rock is one of the oldest tourist sites in NC, and there are many attractions in the area. The Blowing Rock.com web site contains links to area accommodations, attractions, recreation, arts, shopping, and more.
There is also a Wikipedia article on Blowing Rock with links to Blowing Rock town web site and travel guides.
*The "Center for Taiji Studies" and "Dr. Yang's Evidence-Based Traditional Taiji (EBTTM) and Evidence-Based Qigong (EBQTM) Programs" are trademarks of the Center for Taiji Studies (CTS). All rights reserved. Dr. Yang Yang's EBTTM and EBQTM programs and methods of instruction are the unique product of his lifelong practice with top traditional masters of China, over 30 years of experience teaching Taiji & Qigong in China and America, and his research in mind/body wellness. The combined curriculum and methods of instruction constitute the valuable and proprietary intellectual property of Dr. Yang Yang and/or the CTS. Certification is entirely at the discretion of Dr. Yang Yang and/or the CTS and may be withheld or withdrawn at any time by Dr. Yang Yang and/or the CTS.
License/certification to teach Dr. Yang Yang's program, and to use CTS trademarks and/or servicemarks in advertising/promotion, is limited to instructors with current certification. Certified instructors will be required to sign a written agreement indicating that they will appropriately attribute the EBQ and EBT programs to Dr. Yang Yang and the Center for Taiji & Qigong Studies, and that they will not modify the program to create another program offered under a different name .