Summer Pao Cui Camp, June 4-9, 2017, Blowing Rock, N.C.
This course is generally for advanced practitioners with 10-20 years experience. Please submit an application if you have not studied with Dr. Yang previously but are interested.
Location & Curriculum
This will be a special event, as we will celebrate our 20th year at the Blowing Rock Conference Center in the Blue Ridge Mountains surrounding Boone, North Carolina. We will also be finishing the final section of the Pao Cui or Cannon Fist Form. Those who have not studied the first sections of the Pao Cui form are welcome - it is a good opportunity to study the final section in detail and to see the entire form practiced.
As always, push-hands and form applications will be integral to the training regime, and Master Yang's instruction will focus on nurturing ourselves (yang sheng) and, in the case of push-hands, nurturing our training partners. In connection with this, we will again alternate between conventional upright training (in form, pushhands, and applications) and recumbent qigong exercises to restore energy and cultivate critical dimensions of deep relaxation.
If you have attended camp in the past three years (2014-2016), you need only submit a waiver and registration form. If you have not attended June camp in the past three years, you must first submit an application. Please note that, as the registration form auto-populates a spreadsheet registration list, every attendee, including part-timers, must submit a waiver and registration form. Here are the forms:
- Application (not needed if you have attended in past three years)
- Waiver - required for every attendee
- Registration - required for every attendee
Veterans of the June camp receive priority for registration until January 1 (registration is not complete until the deposit has been forwarded). After that time registration will open to newcomers and all registration will be on a first come, first served basis. Once the camp is filled, remaining applicants will be placed on a waiting list.
There are three options for payment:
- check or money order, payable to Center for Taiji & Qigong Studies, and mailed to: Center for Taiji & Qigong Studies, 1408 Mayfair Rd, Champaign, IL 61821
- PayPal account: If you have a PayPal acount, you can transfer the fee to the CTS paypal account. A 3% convenience fee will be added for this payment method. Email Scott at email@example.com to request a PayPal transfer.
- credit card: we can send you an invoice through Paypal which you can pay by credit card. A 3% convenience fee will be added for this payment method. Email Scott at firstname.lastname@example.org to request an invoice payable by credit card.
Please note that final payment is due by May 15, 2017 - we wish to avoid collecting payment at camp.
The price for this year's camp will be $995.00 if registration is completed before April 20th. After April 20th the cost will be $1,040. The price of the camp includes meals and lodging (in the cottages) and a camp T-shirt. As in the past, participants who prefer to stay in the lodge must make arrangements directly with the BRCC and pay for their lodging and meals separately. For those making separate arrangements for meals and rooms in the lodge, the current tuition will be $655.00 (early registration) or $700.00 (late registration). The phone number at BRCC is (828-295-7813). Further information regarding lodging is available under the lodging header below.
Those attending both pao cui and the 48 form camp in Scranton will receive a $200 discount for the 48 camp tuition.
You will indicate your lodging preference on the registration form. There are four options for housing on-site:
- Cottages. This is the basic housing and is included in the tuition. Each has a small kitchen, dining area and living room with fireplace and back porch. There is a master bedroom with queen-sized bed--ideal for couples--and a second bedroom with two singles and one bunk bed. There is a maximum capacity of 24 people in the cottages, and cottage spots are on a first come, first served basis.
- Corriher Lodge. These are hotel-type rooms avaialable as single or double rooms. For those wishing to stay in the lodge, arrangements must be made directly with the Center. Their phone number is 828-295-7813.
- A limited number of tent campers will be allowed. There is a spot on the registration form to indicate if you would like to camp.
- Alternatively, you may make your own reservations and commute to the camp site.
Pictures of the Confernence Center and lodging options are available on the Blowing Rock Conference Center web site.
Deposit and Refund Policy
Please make out deposit checks for $350.00 to the Center for Taiji & Qigong Studies and mail them to:
Center for Taiji & Qigong Studies
1408 Mayfair Rd
Champaign, IL 61821
Please do not attempt to mail the checks to Bob Schlagal in NC - he now lives in Mexico.
Refund Policy: A full refund of the deposit is available (less a $35. processing fee) if cancellation notice is received before April 15. Cancellations after April 15 will be refunded at a 50% rate until May 10. Cancellations after that time cannot be refunded.
Sunday, June 6: check-in begins at 3:00p, instruction from 6:30-8:30P
Mon-Thurs: 7:50 hours instruction
Friday, June 11: 7:00-9:00A and 11:00A-12:00P instruction/practice - check out by 3:00P.
A complete schedule is available here.
Getting to Blowing Rock from the Charlotte Airport
There are three basic options: 1) renting a car, 2) ride sharing, and 3) catching the Hickory Hop Shuttle service. All options are detailed on this page.
A ride sharing spreadsheet is available here. You can use this to arrange to share or offer rides to other campers.
|2011 Camp Attendees|